Vanilla & Cinnamon Baked Apples with Coconut Cream Topping
Prep Time: 10min Cook Time: 30-40min (depending on apple size)
Ingredients serve 4
4 medium or large scrumpped baking apples
2 tsp organic vanilla extract
1 tsbp organic cinnamon powder
1 tin (400ml) organic full fat coconut milk (I love Biona), refrigerated
1 tbsp Great lakes Gelatin Non Hydro ( www.purebodybalanceshop.co.uk )
4 tsp organic ghee ( www.purebodybalanceshop.co.uk )
Preheat your oven to 180°C, 350°F
2. Prepare your apples by de-coring them, then take a small knife and slit the apple right around the middle, not too deep, you are just scoring them, not cutting through. This will prevent them from exploding in the oven!
3. Bake the apples for 30 minutes then test if the are soft in the centre, if not take for 5-10 more minutes. The time will vary depending on the size of your apples.
4. Whilst the apples are cooking make your coconut cream topping.
5. Take a tin of refrigerated coconut milk and decant the cream that has risen to the top. Pop into a food processor/blender. Add the vanilla, cinnamon and gelatin and whizz until combined. It should already be quite thick like whipping cream. If not pop in the fridge to set a little more.
6. If it sets to thick, i.e. like jelly simply add a splash of coconut milk and re-blend to separate.
7. Remove your baked apples from the oven, top each one with a blob of ghee and a dollop of cream, Yum!