Slow Cooked Chipotle Pulled Beef
! It is also a really affordable way of enjoying meat as the cheaper cuts of meat become succulent and tasty with slow cooking. I love to turn this pulled beef dish into a healthy taco by wrapping the beef in an organic Chinese leaf, you could also use iceberg lettuce leaves.
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cooking Time: 8 hours
Ingredients serve 8
Aprox 1kg organic grass fed beef joint (brisket, top side, silver side)
3 to 5 large dried chipotle peppers, seeds removed
1 small white organic onion
1 organic lime, juiced
2 tbsp organic tomato puree
4 organic garlic cloves
2 tbsp organic raw apple cider vinegar
2 tsp cumin
2 tsp sea salt
2 spring fresh organic thyme
A good splash of organic homemade beef broth
3 bay leaves
3 whole organic cloves
1. Trim the fat off of your joint and cut into three equal pieces.
2. Combine the chipotle peppers, onion, lime juice, tomato paste, garlic, vinegar, cumin and in a food processor and blitz until smooth.
3. Pour across the meat and add the stock, bay leaves and cloves.
4. Cook on high for 5 hours, remove the lid and the beef and shred with two forks. Pop the lid back on and cook for 3 more hours.
5. Serve wrapped in Chinese leaves smothered with homemade guacamole!
Health & Nutrition Specialist – Personal Cookery Coach
CHEK HLC Il, CMTA ll, Nutrition & Functional Medicine Advisor, Author