Best Ever Grain Free Banana Bread
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cooking Time: 35 minutes
4 very ripe large organic bananas
4 large organic eggs
140 g organic coconut oil, melted
4 tbsp organic ghee
75g organic coconut flour, sifted
Handful organic shopped pecan nuts
1 tbsp organic cinnamon powder
1 tsp organic GF baking powder
1 tsp organic GF bicarbonate soda powder
1 tsp organic vanilla essence
Pinch of sea salt
1. Preheat your oven to 175°C, 350°F
2. Blend your bananas, eggs, coconut oil and ghee in a food processor until a smooth batter is formed.
3. With the motor running add the coconut flour, cinnamon, bicarbonate soda, baking powder, vanilla, and sea salt and blend until combined.
4. Stir the pecans in by hand.
5. Grease a small loaf tin with coconut oil or ghee then pour the batter in spreading evenly across the pan.
6. Bake for 30-35 minutes. It should be cooked through buy still moist so do not overcook.
7. Remove from the oven, cool on a wire rack and leave to set.
8. NOTE this tastes amazing after resting overnight, the flavours intensify and the consistency
10. becomes more sticky, Yum!
Health & Nutrition Specialist / Nutrition Chef / Food Writter & Blogger
Author of Meals That Heal
CHEK HLC Il, CMTA ll, Nutrition & Functional Medicine Advisor